Everything About The Instant Vortex Air Fryer Oven
What’s Instant Vortex Air Fryer Oven?The Instant Vortex Air Fryer is one of the most revolutionary and advanced Air Fryer in the market right now, that is designed to make the process of cooking as simple, fun and easy as possible. This particular appliance is much more advanced and sophisticated that even the most mature and widely used version of the traditional Air Fryer, such as the Philips one.
And just in case you don’t know, let me assure you that I will be talking a little bit about the mechanism in detail, but for now, let me talk in brief about the technology under the hood. So basically an Air Fryer such as the Vortex utilizes the power of air by circulating superheated air inside the vortex Air Fryer using convection fans.
This whole process helps to make the cooking process faster and helps you cook fried meals without/using a very minimal amount of oil. The Instant Vortex Air Fryer Oven, as mentioned in the introduction, comes packed with 7 different built-in programs that help to make this appliance an all-in-one that can bake, multi-cook, broil, reheat, prepare rotisserie and even dehydrate your meals! This is, essentially the best of all worlds!
If you are looking for a compact, affordable replacement for your oven, toaster, microwave, dehydrator, then you just can’t go wrong with this nifty appliance. It not only does everything that you could think of, but this also saves a huge amount of space in your kitchen as well. And the best part?
The expanded capacity of the Air Fryer actually allows you to cook a good amount of food at once, which makes it perfect for preparing large scale meals for all sorts of get-together or parties.
OUR TOP PICK
The Work MechanismThe working mechanism behind the Air Fryer is actually pretty interesting. The Instant Vortex Air Fryer runs on a simple technology that utilizes hot air to prepare your food and give them a nice crispy finish while keeping inside tender and succulent.
It comes with an awesome LED screen panel that helps you to intuitively control your appliance and use the different Smart Cooking Functions of the appliance, which are explained in detail in the next section. For the tech savvy’s out there, it might interest you to know the Vortex Air Fryer is a 1500 watt-mini convection oven that has a maximum temperature capacity of 400 degrees F. It blows very hot air inside the oven with the help of a convection fan that helps to cook the meals from all sides.
Using Hot Air Technology, the appliance allows you to create crispy chicken wings, bake cakes, cookies, broil meals, dehydrate your food and so on. The Vortex Air Fryer Oven has a really good cooking capacity that allows you to cook even whole chicken in one go. As for the heat, the Vortex actually has a heating element.
Whenever it sucks in the air inside the system, this air passes through a heating element that releases heat while the appliance is turned on. Once the air passes through the surface of the heating element, the air gets hot. From there, the super-heated air is transferred all around the cooking chamber with the help of convection fans.
Apart from the convection fans, there is also an exhaust fan above the cooking chamber that helps to provide a good amount of airflow around the food and release extra-filtered air as well, making sure that your food is cooked in the healthiest way possible. You should also know that the Vortex Air Fryer comes with a good amount of accessories. Six accessories to be exact, which are:
- Drip Pan
- Cooking Tray
- Rotisserie Basket
- Rotisserie Fork
- Rotisserie Spit
- Rotisserie Lift
Buttons And FunctionsAs mentioned earlier, the Vortex Air Fryer comes packed with a nifty LED Display and various other functions that make using the appliance a breeze. In this section, I am will try to break down some of the major buttons and functions of the appliance and help you understand the parameters behind them. So, first off, let’s start with the Display itself.
Display And Touch PanelThe Vortex Air Fryer comes with a nice digital touch panel that makes the process of cooking extremely easy and convenient. Using this display, you can make both manual and automatic adjustments before cooking your meals.
Smart ProgramsThe Smart Programs are another major selling point of the Air Fryer Vortex. Even if you have never cooked a single meal before, the Smart Program will help you to cook meals with ease.
These Pre-Programmed settings allow you to get rid of the worry of adjusting the time and temperatures and cook your favorite meal just by pressing the desired button. You should keep in mind that whenever the appliance shows “OFF” it means that the appliance is on stand-by mode and is waiting for your input. The core pre-programmed functions are:
- Air Fry
Temperature (+/-)The temperature function helps you to adjust the temperature of your Air Fryer. If you touch and hold the “+” sign, it increases the cooking temperature while the “-“ sign allows you to lower down the temperature. The goal is to basically allow you to change the cooking temperature manually.
Time (+/-)Similar to Temperature, the Time allows you to adjust the cooking time by either holding the + or – sign to increase the lower cooking time respectively. The goal is to basically allow you to change the cooking temperature manually.
StartThe Start Function allows you to start the actual cooking process of the appliance.
RotateThis is an interesting one. Once the cooking process has been started, touching the rotate key will turn on the rotisserie rotation function that will turn on rotisserie rotation. You should keep in mind that this function is only available while you are on Roast/ Air Fry mode. You should know that a blue color indicates that the rotate function is ready to be used.
LightThe light function key helps to turn the light of your oven ON or OFF. You should keep in mind that the light automatically turns itself off after 5 minutes.
CancelThis function key is used to stop the cooking process. When you press this button, the cooking process will stop and your appliance will go into standby mode. You may confirm it using it by noticing that the display shows OFF.
How To Use The Device Effectively
Despite what anyone tells you, using the Vortex is actually extremely easy. But just in case you are confused, below is a step-by-step process of using your appliance properly and in the right way.
- First up, open up the door of the Air Fryer Oven and place the drip pan at the bottom of the Fryer, close the door.
- Once done, plug in the power cord into the socket and turn the device one. The oven should display “OFF”, indicating that the fryer is in standby mode.
- Once done, Select the Air Fry Smart Program by touching over it in the control panel. This is the default Air Frying Program that cooks at a default temperature of 400 degrees F.
- After that, touch the “TIME” button and adjust the time of cooking.
- Finally, touch the “START” button to initiate the cooking process. When the display shows “ON”, it means that your oven is in Pre-Heat mode. At this point, you can change the “TEMP” or “TIME” as needed.
- Once preheating is done, the display will show “Add Food”. This is the point where you place your food inside the chamber and let it cook.
- At this point, you may open the Oven Door and insert your cooking tray in the preheated oven. Close the door and the display will show the cooking time and temperature.
- While cooking, make sure to keep an eye on the display as sometimes it might read “Turn Food”. When this shows, all you have to do is simply flip the food. Keep in mind that when you open the oven, it will go into a pause mode and start cooking again once you close the door.
- Once the last minute of the cooking session has reached, the display will show a countdown in seconds. Once done, the cooking time will display “END”. At this point, the cooling fan will turn itself on to cool down the oven.
Advantages Of Using Instant Vortex Air Fryer OvenThe Vortex Air Fryer has a bunch of really awesome advantages. Some of the core ones include:
- It requires an extremely low amount of oil and fats for cooking. In fact, the Vortex Air Fryer cuts down almost 80-85% of oil.
- The Vortex helps you to save a lot of cooking time, thanks to the technique of superheated air technology that it uses to cook meals.
- The smart programs of the appliance are amazing as they allow anyone with even minimal cooking experience to prepare awesome meals.
- The appliance itself is a 7 in 1 cooking appliance that has the capacity to function 7 different appliances, all in one, allowing you to fry, bake, roast and so on.
- The appliance is extremely easy to clean as the lack of oil results in a minimal amount of grease build-up, which ultimately makes cleaning the appliance a breeze.
- The carefully designed enclosure makes this appliance one of the safest cooking appliances out there, and it completely eliminates the risk of hot oil falling over your skin. And those are the just tip of the Ice-Berg!
Amazing Tips And TricksBelow are some extremely awesome tips regarding the Vortex Air Fryer that you should know about. Knowing these early on will help you make maximize the potential of your appliance.
- If you are using the Rotisserie accessory, make sure to place your food before touching the “START” button on the touch control panel.
- Except for rotisserie food though, most of the other foods will give you amazing results if you place food in a pre-heated oven. To do this, simply press the “START” button and wait until the appliance shows “Add Food”, which will indicate that the appliance is ready to start cooking.
- If you are looking for a fine crisp and golden fries, all you have to do is soak your potato sticks in cold water for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes, pat them dry and spray with a bit of oil before placing them into your Air Fryer oven.
- Make sure to “Flip” your food whenever your Air Fryer shows “Turn Food”, this will ensure that both sides of your food are cooking well.
- They prevent the buildup of excess steam, always make sure to pat moist food dry before placing them into your Air Fryer Oven.
- The perfect way to season your meals would be to spray them with just a little bit of cooking oil. It will help to stick the seasoning to the body.
- If you plan on baking something like pie, cookie or cake, always make sure to cover the dish with an oven-safe lid or foil to ensure that the food does not get burnt and the top-side is saved from overcooking.
Cleaning And Maintaining The ApplianceJust like any other cooking appliance, the Vortex Air Fryer also has the potential to accumulate dirt and debris as you keep using it for a prolonged period of time. If you don’t take care of it properly, the appliance’s life might get reduced. Therefore, it is highly advised that you keep your appliance as clean as possible to get the best experience out of it. The following simple steps should help you keep your Fryer clean with ease.
- It is very normal for meals to leave a sticky residue inside the cooking basket of the fryer. An easy way to deal with this is to use specialized detergents or soap that are designed to dissolve oil.
- For maximum effect, try to soak the detergent mixed water for a few minutes before thoroughly rinsing it under hot water.
- Always keep in mind that metal utensils and cleaning brushes may leave scratches on the body of the Fryer. So refrain yourself from using those.
- Make sure to complete cool down your Air Fryer and wait for 30 minutes prior to washing it
- Remove the power cable from the wall and make sure that the device is completely cooled.
- Wipe out the external part of the Fryer using a moist cloth dipped in mild detergent.
- Clean the outer basket and the fryer basket and using hot water (mixed with mild detergent) and a soft sponge.
- Clean the inner part of the appliance using hot water (with mild detergent) and a soft sponge.
- If you find that some residue is stuck in the heating element, then you may use a cleaning brush to clear them out.
- Similar steps should be kept in mind while cleaning the oven part of the device as well.
FAQ’sBelow are answers to some of the most common questions that you might have in mind:
Is oil needed for Air Fryer?As you can already tell, Air Fryer basically cooks its meals by using the technique of air convection. Due to this technique, the amount of oil needed is cut down to very minimal levels to almost none.
What kind of food can you cook using Air Fryer?It is actually possible to prepare every kind of food using the Vortex Air Fryer. You can go for dessert, baked goods, every kind of poultry meals, muffins, cakes, vegetables the list goes on!
Are Air Fryers really healthy?Since only superheated Air is used in this case to cook the meals and the amount of oil used up is significantly lowered down, Air Fryer is actually an amazing and healthy alternative to other cooking methods. The almost non-existent amount of oil helps to reduce both calories and cholesterol intake.
Can Air Fryer cause cancer?So far, there have been no reports explicitly showing that Air Fryer might cause cancer. Despite some people claiming that it emits magnetic rays or chemicals, they are complete lies.
Can Air Fryer make good and crispy meals ?One of the main selling point of an Air Fryer is that it can make extremely crunchy and delicious meals, while being healthy. So can it cook crispy meals? Yes it most definitely can!
Is it possible to add liquid to Air Fryer?As long as you are just marinating your meals, it’s fine. But you should not add a large amount of liquid. However, some recipes might call you to add a bit of water from time to time.
Common Meals And Air Fryer TemperaturesThe following is a list of settings for some of the more standard meals which you might fancy trying for the first time!
Thick Frozen FriesMin Amount: 11ounce Maximum Amount: 43oz Time Taken: 12 – 22 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: Yes Extra Remarks: Nil
Thin Frozen FriesMin Amount: 11ounce Maximum Amount: 43ounce Time Taken: 9 – 19 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: Yes Extra Remarks: Nil
Homemade FriesMin Amount: 11ounce / 21ounce Maximum Amount: 32ounce /43ounce Time Taken: 15 – 22 minutes / 18 – 25 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: Yes Extra Remarks: You will need to soak fries for 30 minutes in 1/4 tablespoon of oil for 11ounce; 3/4rth tablespoon for 32ounce; ½ tablespoon for 21ounce and 1 tablespoon for 43ounce
Potato WedgesMin Amount: 11ounce / 21ounce Maximum Amount: 32ounce Time Taken: 18 – 21 minutes / 24 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: Yes Extra Remarks: You will need to soak fries for 30 minutes in 1/4 tablespoon of oil for 11ounce; 3/4rth tablespoon for 32ounce; 1/2 tablespoon for 21ounce
Potato CubesMin Amount: 11ounce / 21ounce Maximum Amount: 32ounce Time Taken: 18 – 21 minutes / 24 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: Yes Extra Remarks: You will need to soak fries for 30 minutes in 1/4 tablespoon of oil for 11ounce; 3/4rth tablespoon for 32ounce; ½ tablespoon for 21ounce
Cheese SticksMin Amount: 4ounce Maximum Amount: 16ounce Time Taken: 8 – 10 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: Yes Extra Remarks: Nil
Cheese SticksMin Amount: 11ounce Maximum Amount: 43ounce Time Taken: 9 – 19 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: Yes Extra Remarks: Preferable to use Oven Ready Version.
Chicken NuggetsMin Amount: 1ounce Maximum Amount: 14. Time Taken: 6 minutes Temperature: 330/390 °F Halfway Shake Need: Yes Extra Remarks: Preferable to use Oven Ready version.
Fish SticksMin Amount: 4ounce Maximum Amount: 12ounce Time Taken: 8 – 10 minutes Temperature: 390 °F Halfway Shake Need: No Extra Remarks: Preferably use an oven-ready version. – Steak Min Amount: 4ounce Maximum Amount: 21ounce Time Taken: 5 min 360°F – 4 min 150°F / 6 min 360°F – 4 min 150°F Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: No Extra Remarks: Nil – Hamburger Min Amount: 4ounce Maximum Amount: 14ounce Time Taken: 6/7 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: No Extra Remarks: Nil
Chicken WingsMin Amount: 3ounce Maximum Amount: 21ounce Time Taken: 18 to 22 minutes Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: No Extra Remarks: Nil
Chicken BreastMin Amount: 3ounce Maximum Amount: 21ounce Time Taken: 8min 390°F – 10 min 360°F / 8 min 290°F – 8 min 360°F Temperature: 360 °F Halfway Shake Need: No Extra Remarks: Nil – Cake Min Amount: 1ounce Maximum Amount: 24ounce Time Taken: 30 minutes Temperature: 320 °F Halfway Shake Need: No Extra Remarks: Nil
Some Mistakes To AvoidAs human beings, we are prone to making mistakes. But knowing about the common mistakes beforehand might just save us from going through the hassle of facing such difficulties! Here are some of the common mistakes which new-comers tend to make while cooking on an Air Fryer
- Always make sure to give you Air Fryer sufficient room to breathe. This essentially means that you should not keep your Air Fryer in cramped spaces or corners.
- Always make sure to keep your Air Fryer disconnected when not in use. The Air Fryer takes a minimal amount of time to heat up, so you won’t have to keep it connected for hours to heat it up!
- Always try to use baking trays or dishes that are of lighter colors. Extremely dark colors such as black will cause the tray itself to absorb more heat. This might result in uneven cooking and the lower part of your meal might remain uncooked.