Have you ever tried roasting or browning dishes in the Instant Pot and find it never turns brown or gets crisp? If you have been using Instant Pot, you will know that it never turns your food crispy nor brown but can be now possible with the introduction of the Mealthy CrispLid – an accessory allowing you to transform your Instant Pot or multicooker into an air fryer. It is also possible to use it with any pressure cooker. With this innovation, you are saving fuel, energy, and space as you don’t need an oven to roast or fry. Because it is also easy to clean, you don’t have to enslave yourself in the kitchen cleaning up the mess after cooking.
But before we go further, let us examine what is an air fryer and what makes it necessary for every home to have at least one of these handy kitchen gadgets.
As the name itself suggests, air fryer is a combination of air and fryer. But how in the world can you fry something out of air?
An air fryer is a revolutionized kitchen gadget that you can use to fry food with less amount of oil and through a circulated high-heat process. It is originally invented and produced by Philips which has now come along way as more manufactures adapted its technology. Because you just need a less amount of oil in cooking using an air fryer, foods are more healthy and delicious.
When at first look, it might be unusual to fry something without using much oil, understanding the air fryer technology will make it a lot easy for you to know how it could be a kitchen necessity.
Aside from having an unhealthy way of preparing food though we can’t deny its taste, oil frying can be messy. It can splatter greasy elements all over your kitchen, ruining your kitchen walls unless you have a splatter guard to prevent it.
With air fryer, you don’t have to worry about all these. You can be able to prepare a meal for yourself and your family in less time and less oil – no splatter, no grease, no mess!
But how does it work?
If hot oil surrounds your food to cook it all the way through, in the air fryer, it’s the hot air doing this instead of the oil. By combining rapid technology and targeted-concentrated heat flow, you can be able to cook with just a tablespoon of oil or less in much less time than it usually takes. You can cook a rack lamb in 30 minutes using your air fryer. Isn’t this amazing? It sounds like you’re cooking meat in your oven and you’re quite right there as both use hot air technology though there’s a lot of difference when it comes to cooking time and result. Note that the air fry uses rapid heat technology which allows you less cooking time.
In using an air fryer, you use about 75% less of the regular amount of oil you usually use when cooking in a conventional frying pan and because steam easily escaped in frying pans, most of the food nutrients escaped through steam making your food less healthy and tasty.
On top of it, because of the less space that the concentrated hot air is allowed to move, it cooks fast and doubles it even more because of the rapid technology involved. With this, you save much more on power consumption which is quite significant to family budgeting.
Mealthy CrispLid: Your Innovative Air Fryer
The air fryer technology was a revolutionary kitchen gadget and now we have the introduction of the Mealthy CrispLid which is its latest innovation.
What is Mealthy CrispLid?
Have you ever tried roasting or browning in the Instant Pot and find it never turns brown or gets crisp?
If you have been using Instant Pot, you will know that it never turns your food crispy nor brown but can be now possible with the introduction of the Mealthy CrispLid – an accessory allowing you to transform your Instant Pot or multicooker into an air fryer. It is also possible to use it with any pressure cooker. With this new innovation, you are saving fuel, energy, and space as you don’t need an oven to roast or fry. While it is also easy to clean, you don’t have to enslave yourself in the kitchen cleaning up the mess after cooking.
The Mealthy CrispLid is an accessory of the Mealthy Multi-pot designed to serve as an air fryer created by Mealthy which is a competitor of Instant Pot. This air fryer accessory is suitable for any 6-quarts and 8-quart electric pressure cookers and multi-cookers.
This simple innovative attachment makes it easy for you to fry or broil food using your own pressure cooker, multi cooker or Instant Pot.
The CrispLid is also equipped with the following additional tools for your cooking convenience:
- Mesh Air fryer basket
- Silicone tongs
- Raised trivet (stainless steel)
- Silicone trivet (for cooling)
- Heat-resistant silicone mat
- Recipe booklet
- Mealthy CrispLid User Guide
How Mealthy CrispLid Works
What’s so great about this new air fryer is the fact that it’s not built like any other air fryer where you need more space in your kitchen counter to accommodate it. Because it is designed to work with any 6-quarts or 8-quarts pressure cooker or multi-cooker, you simply snap it in place and program it to air fry, broil, or crisp food. Just make sure that you have a stainless inner lining for it never works with any ceramic or aluminum-coated pot.
How to Use Mealthy CrispLid With Your Multicookers
To use Mealthy CrispLid with your multicooker or electric pressure cooker, you first have to unplug this kitchen gadget and release any pressure. Remove the lid cover. Place the CrispLid in place by lowering the handle until you hear it click.
- Press the button indicating TEMPERATURE which goes from 300 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and set your cooking time. You can customize it from 1 minute to 60 minutes.
- Press the START button to begin cooking.
- Once it starts the heating element lights up and the cycle goes off and on while cooking to regulate selected temperature. Once the food is cooked, simply turn it OFF and place it on the silicone trivet for cooling.
Benefits of Using Mealthy CrispLid
Although Mealthy CrispLid is primarily beneficial being an air fryer where you can fry without using too much cooking oil, here are more additional benefits you can get from it.
It’s a Space Saver
Because it’s not a whole air fryer unit, you don’t need extra space in your kitchen for it. You can easily keep it in one those cupboards and don’t need to sit in your countertop.
You Can See Through Your Cooking
Because it comes with a transparent tempered glass lid, it allows you to see through your cooking and keep track of your cooking status. It is perfect for browning as you can see when it turns into the right color tone which you desire for your dish.
It is Efficient to Use
Simply by easy setting on your lid, you can easily shift from pressure cooking to broiling or air frying. With this, you don’t have to use more kitchen utensils and dishes which you need to wash and dry later.
You can use your pressure cooker with your CrispLid to fry a dish without the need to turn on your oven or multi-cooker which is quite efficient. You also don’t need to buy another pot to add to your collection when you can just a lid.
It’s Power Cooking
The maximum setting for any conventional air fryer is 400 degrees Fahrenheit, but with CrispLid, it can go up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit which enables you to have that golden brown crispy roast that even your Instant Pot can’t do.
Simple and Easy to Maneuver
Mealthy CrispLid has a simple and easy to use control panel.
Even if you’re not tech-savvy, you can easily find your way through Mealthy CrispLid buttons
If there are things that confuse you, you can check it through the included User’s Manual Guide.
Less Clean Up Time
All accessories are 100% BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly. Because there are fewer dishes and tools to clean up, you can clear up your kitchen in less time. Just make sure that your Mealthy CrispLid had cooled down before wiping it with a slightly damp, clean piece of cloth to clean splatters. The other parts like the basket, trivet, and pot can be wash with soap and water or dump into the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Equipped with Safety Features
To have CrispLid working, the handle must be in the DOWN position when it turns ON the display but not the unit. You still have to press the START button to start it completely working and so you can start cooking. This keeps you from accidentally turning it ON before you are ready.
Another safeguard is the length of the cord which is too short to prevent tripping or accidentally entangled with the wiring. When cooking at 450 degrees the maximum time is 20 minutes with an interval of 10 minutes before the unit can be turn ON again. Finally, you can rest the unit on the silicone trivet to cool off.
Your Guide to Using Mealthy CrispLid
To use the Mealthy Crisp Lid, you first have to be aware of its different parts.
Parts of Mealthy CrispLid
Control Panel- where you can set cooking time and temperature. It also has a memory that tells you the previous cooking time and temperature used.
- Temperature Button– represented by a thermometer icon. Pressing it allows you to set the cooking temperature.
- Time Button– represented by a clock icon. Pressing it allows you to set the timer.
- Minus Button (-)– Pressing it allows you to lower down temperature or time previously set. Long press accelerated the speed of changing the setting.
- Plus Button (+)Conversely, it allows you to increase the temperature or time previously set. Long press likewise speeds up the alteration.
- Stop– represented by a square icon – Pressing it signals to stop the cooking process. Long press to turn sound on and display “SON” and turn sounds off (SOFF).
- Start – represented by triangle or arrow icon. Press to start the cooking process and long press to reset all settings to default.
Glass lid – Allows you to see through and keep track of your cooking progress.
Handle – has automatic shut-off feature when in the UP position.
Heating Elements – responsible for getting your food cooked.
Vents – allows cooling down of the unit through airflow.
Fan – also allows airflow to cool off the unit
Different Ways of Cooking Using Mealthy CrispLid
There are ways you may use CrispLid with your multicooker. Here are some of them.
- To brown the top of the dish cooked in the inner pot such as melting the cheese
- To brown the top of the dish that been pressure-cooked
- To brown, a dish previously cooked using the air fryer basket
- Air Frying Using Mealthy CrispLid
Even when you are attaching your Mealthy CrispLid Air fryer to your pressure cooker or Multicooker, it is not necessary to pressure cook your dish so you can use the air fryer. You can air fry dishes anytime.
- Just fill the air fryer with the dish you want to fry.
- Insert the trivet that comes with the air fryer inside the cooking pot. Just make sure that your pot is made of stainless steel and not ceramics or any other materials.
- Then place your air fryer basket filled with the dish you are about to cook on top of the trivet and lock the handle in place. Make sure it clicks in place and the handle is down.
- Set your cooking temperature and time and follow the recipe instructions. When cooking is done, remove the Mealthy CrispLid and place it over the silicone trivet to cool down.
- Using CrispLid for Dishes Not Pressure-Cooked
- Place your multicooker on a flat surface and make sure that it is stable and unplugged.
- Insert the stainless steel inner pot or liner in the base unit if you are using Instant Pot and place the metal trivet in it.
- You may choose to grease or spray with cooking oil the fryer basket and the top of the dish you are about to cook.
- Place the air fryer on top of the metal trivet.
- Plug the CrispLid unit and place it on top of the multicooker.
- After making sure that it’s properly seated, push the handle of the CrispLid down until it clicks into place. Note that the display is turned ON.
- To start cooking, press the TEMPERATURE button as indicated by the thermometer icon.
- To set the desired setting, adjust via the PLUS (+) or NEGATIVE (-) button.
- Set the timer for setting cooking time by pressing the TIME button as indicated by the clock icon
- Also, adjust to the desired setting using PLUS and MINUS buttons.
- To begin cooking, press the START button as indicated by the arrow or triangle icon. The cooking begins.
- This turns the heating elements on and you can see the unit starting to glow.
- While in the cooking mode, the heating elements may turn OFF and ON to regulate heat.
Here are some safety tips to observe when using Mealthy CrispLid
- When using your Mealthy CrispLid, make sure to unplug the electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot, or other multicookers where you are attaching it.
- Avoid using an extension cord when using the CrispLid to prevent accident such tripping or entangling with the cord.
- Use trivet when cooling down Mealthy CrispLid after it was used.
- Make sure that the inner pot is in place before turning off the Mealthy CrispLid and no food is sitting above the rim of the inner pot.
- Be careful when handling the inner pot after cooking as it will be very hot and car burn your hands.
- When not in use, make sure that the Mealthy CrispLid is unplugged.
Troubleshooting Guide for Mealthy CrispLid Issues
There are cases when users are encountering issues with their Mealthy CrispLid. Here are troubleshooting tips to guide you through certain issues.
The Screen Beeps and Flashes and the Unit Refuses to Start
Check the handle as it may not be securely locked in place. When it is firmly in the DOWN position, it could be due to a faulty sensor. In this case, immediately contact Mealthy customer support.
When the Unit Failed to Start and Showing a Dark Screen
Check if the unit is plugged in. Secure the lock by making sure that the handle clicks and is locked firmly into the DOWN position,
The Light Goes Off and On when the CrispLid is powered.
This is not an issue. It is normal for the unit to go on and off while regulating the heat for even cooking.
The Cooking Time Resets Every Time I Pause the Crisping Process to Flip the Food
This can happen when you pause cooking for too long.
There is Discoloration of Stainless Steel Parts of the Mealthy CrispLid
Stainless steel when exposed to high heat naturally changes its coloring to bluish or rainbow discoloration.
The Cooking Time Can’t be Set for More Than 20 Minutes
One safety measure provider to users of Mealthy CrispLid is the 20-maximum cooking time if you are cooking at 450 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. While for other temperature settings, it is allowed a maximum time of 60 minutes.
I am Seeing an Error Code E001
This indicates a faulty sensor. Contact customer support.
I am Seeing an Error Code E002
It’s either your Mealthy CrispLid has a faulty sensor or have short-circuited.