There are foods your heart may turn to for comfort when the going gets tough. French fries and other crispy or crunchy goddesses have a way of nursing a hurting heart with warmth and bringing calm to a troubled mind.
Sadly, most of these foods are unhealthy and you may need to use some elbow grease to both cook and clean up when cooking is done. If you have ever deep fried chicken, beef, or potatoes before, you know what I am talking about. The large amounts of oil you are left with is not something anyone looks forward to.
I can imagine how you felt when you discovered that you can eat your fries and other fried foods without guilt thanks to the magic working wonders of the Tefal Actifry.
It’s ability to produce perfect fries with only a tablespoon of cooking oil has won it countless health conscious enthusiasts around the world. I am one of them. It’s why am excited to share with you some of my favorite chicken, steak, chips, vegetables, and other fried foods that turn out perfect in the Actifry.
New cooking gadgets are popping up like popcorn all over the place. This makes it so easy for you to forget about some of the appliances you least use. However, interesting hearty recipes will ensure your Actifry doesn’t gather dust in some corner inside your house.
Tefal Acifry vs air fryer
People are more concerned with healthy eating these days. As a result, fried food is on the menu for what not to eat for a healthy lifestyle.
Some studies have shown that fried foods have been linked to diseases such as:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
The thing is, fried foods consist of some of the most beloved foods. These include foods such as fries, deep-fried Southern chicken, and spicy prawns. Kids love their fried foods like fish fingers, chicken nuggets, and tater tots. Fried foods make up a lot of what most people eat each day.
So, how do we stay healthy and still enjoy our delicious fried foods? Easy, we use an Air Fryer!
You can cook all your favorite fried food recipes and more in an Air Fryer using very little to no oil at all. An Air Fryer gives you crispy, crunchy French fries, potato skins, fish fingers, and such. The best thing is they taste as well as look the same as dishes fried in oil on the stove. Only, the ones cooked in the Air Fryer are a lot healthier and do not have only oily residue.
The Air Fryer cooks the food from all angles using circulated hot air which eliminates the need for oil. This gives you low-fat meals with the smoky aroma of frying with oil. The air fryer is easy to clean, and it can do a lot more than fry.
With an Air Fryer a person can:
- Bake cakes
- Cook desserts
There is nothing better to cook your pop tarts or toast your morning bread than an Air Fryer. It helps to defrost food faster and makes perfect roasts for that special Sunday lunch. It not only speeds up the cooking time for a roast but also speeds up grilling, baking, and frying too. The air fryer will grill your meals exactly to your liking, including fish, meat, and cheese.
An Air Fryer not only cooks every kind of food you could want but it does so a lot quicker than conventional cooking. So, if you are a busy mom, an executive, or just plain running late and need to get dinner in a hurry, the Air Fryer is the device to have. It gives you all the advantages of an oven and stove in a countertop device that does not take up too much space either.
Air fryers are made with a strong, durable plastic that has a high breakage threshold. They also come with quite a few attachments depending on the make and model of the machine. These include various hand attachments, basket items, and a tray or two. As they are easy to use, they are a must-have device for anyone who loves to cook.
Is the Actifry worth it?
A number of enthusiasts swear by some of these benefits:
- It offers a healthy way to enjoy fried foods by using only one tablespoon of cooking oil
- Unlike most brands, it has a stirring paddle that ensures your food is evenly cooked without occasionally stirring or shaking as food cooks
- It’s easy to clean. Removable parts (paddle, lid, pan) are dish washer safe
- It occupies little kitchen counter space
Tips & tricks every Actifry Air fryer owner should know
- There are different models of this machine, always refer to your manufacturer’s manual for instructions specific to your machine
- Clean after every use for easy clean up
- Unplug and let it cool before cleaning
- Removable parts like the pan, paddle, and lid are dishwasher safe, but you can also clean them using a sponge and kitchen soap
- Use a damp cloth to remove bits of food stuck onto the base of the machine
- Use a non-abrasive brush to remove food bits stuck in spaces inside the paddle, you may have to soak it for a couple of minutes to remove stubborn bits of food
- Be careful not to submerge your machine in water
- Make your chips shorter so that they don’t get broken by the rotating paddle
- Don’t over crowd your machine with ingredients, they won’t cook well
- Rinse chips until the water runs clear to remove as much starch
- Soft foods will be crushed by the rotating paddle
- Use a French fry cutter to get uniform sized fries