Let us take a closer look at the different types of grills and then know better as to which one suits our use in a befitting manner.
When it comes to backyard grills, this one might enjoy the most prolific popularity of all time. Mostly, these forms of outdoor grill tend to run either on bottled propane or even natural gas. While the conventional one may be designed for running on propane, changing them for natural gas use is a cakewalk and can be done fairly easily. Ideally, if you have a connection for a natural gas’s line, it is likely to be a convenient and cheaper choice as compared to propane bottles.
You will find ample variety in this kind of grill and this is why you need to carefully study the number of options you are getting and the quality that the grill is known to have. There are a few aluminum models that are known to rust easily and can be hard to clean and maintain. Also, the number of burners which each of the grills has might be an important decision to take into consideration.
While it tends to be very expensive, but if you have money to splurge; settling for gas grills with stainless steel bars might be the best possible choice. They clean easily and leave one of the finest grill marks.
- Heats up quick
- Best for chefs who want to make food quickly
- Doesn’t require the fuss of preparing and even cleaning the fuel or charcoal.
- Ease of use
- The flavor which smokers offer is usually missing
- Buying a high-end model often doesn’t justify the price you pay for them
- Fails to give the true BBQ authentic taste most food lovers relish
Now, this one will be costlier as compared to the gas grill and the time entailed for cooking would be higher too, yet there are tons of people who choose this simply because of the authentic BBQ taste it can offer.
These kinds of outdoor grill make use of charcoal briquettes as fuel and it is the key source of fire for cooking. While the ones by Weber are known to be the original and the authentic ones around, a lot of other companies to have come up and there is plenty of variation which you can find.
You will find kettle styled charcoal grills which are great for getting the perfect smoke flavor but they are only suited for recipes that don’t involve very long hours of grilling.
Yet another common variant found these days has to be the horizontal barrel grills. The porcelain-coated steel bars as the cooking surface seem to be an apt choice as they have low maintenance and cleaning efforts and at the same time, it leaves great grill marks on your food.
- Helps you enjoy the characteristic smoky flavor
- Always a great feeling to cook on charcoal
- Enhances the taste of the food
- The time-consuming process as cleaning up the grill and heating it will take at least 45 minutes
- Cleaning of the grill post-cooking can be unwanted trouble and time-consuming process
- Charcoal as fuel is mostly an expensive option
The Electric Grills
These grills as the name suggest are powered up by an electric source and thereby the meat or another food item is cooked using the heated grill plates. So, they do not require any kind of fire and this is why they can also be used indoors too.
You will once again find a lot of variety in such grills. Mostly; when you are placing it indoors, space consumed tends to become a major constraint. This is the reason; you should look at the size of the grill, the power, the grill type and then make an informed buying decision.
- Ideally suited for city people who have to abide by the norms and regulations heading the use of gas and charcoal grills
- Doesn’t create any kind of environmental pollution
- Ease of use
- Quicker cooking time as the grill gets heated up real quick
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Lack of authentic flavor which is found on wood grills
- Lacks the additional charm and appeal of BBQ
- The food may look similar, but it doesn’t have the same Smokey flavored taste
The final type of BBQ grill; the main key factor here is that they can be moved from one place to another. This is best for those who love barbecuing and tend to travel a great deal. This gives you the provision to take your BBQ wherever you go and cook a meal right when you want.
Once again, you will be amazed at the kind of options you will get. So, it is important to explore well, judge the variety, and then make a choice. Make sure that you choose a lightweight one when portability is a cause of concern. However, make sure not to compromise on the factor of durability. Also, look at the kind of surface area which you will get with the grill. This ensures that you will get adequate space to cook in a sufficient amount.
- Best suited for people who travel or camp a great deal
- Light in weight and can be carried on the go
- Helps you grill wherever and whenever you want
- Can be a combination of propane, gas, charcoal, or either one of them
- Suited for a specific type of cooking
- Tends to be smaller in size, so not suited for large parties
So, these are the types of BBQ you needed to know about. Now, make sure to choose the right ones and then be all set to fire up your grill so that you can try out some of the best possible recipes of all time. We are sure that each of these recipes will make you crave the perfect Smokey food that will help you enjoy your time to the fullest.
Hosting a BBQ party is always a ton of fun and if you have the best of cooking ideas and recipes to go along with it; you really cannot ask for a better thing.
Ideally, if smoke and flavor are your things, we are always going to recommend a wood pellet smoker grill because there is absolutely nothing that can match the raw and authentic taste of the wood pellet and the kind of smokiness which they infuse in the food.
So, weigh your options and make the right choice. We will just share one more round of tips before giving directly into the best lip-smacking recipes to prepare you for the most scrumptious meals.
So, explore your options right away and make the right BBQ decision that you and your friends are going to love!