Calphalon Set (Recommended)
- An Aluminium core sandwiched between two stainless steel layers for even better heat distribution
- Metal utensils can be used with this set
- Flat surface for full contact with stove
- Great for cooking sticky foods – rice, cheese, eggs etc – at low temperatures without sticking
- Durable – won’t warp
- Good for searing
T Fal Set
- Flared rim for mess free pouring
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe
- Tempered glass lid
Cook n Home
- hick grade aluminium for even heat distribution
- Tempered Glass lid
- Non stick ceramic coated cooking surface
- Can be used on all cooktops
Best cookware for electric coil stove
One of the cheapest stoves that you can find around are the electric coil stoves. This is the main reason why they are common in many household kitchens. Having the best, not just the right cookware, is part of landing great delicacies on your dining table. Having the necessary skills on how to use a coil stove is key to making sure that your cookware, or rather pots, last for longer periods. That is why in this article about the best cookware for electric coil stoves, I will outline for you some tips of using the electric coils stove before reviewing some of the best cookware we have in the market.
It’s important to note that the cheaper your electric coil stove is, the higher the need of you having some quality cookware. These coils are famous for overheating. That I won’t lie to you. They take a bit of time to heat up and the same happens in the reverse process of cooling down. For this reason, manufacturers and specialists’ advice that if you have to use these stoves, use the medium heat gauge which has seen better distribution of heat around the pot to make sure that food cooks evenly and doesn’t stick or burn.
For these electric coil stoves, the best cookware is the flat bottomed type (which we shall see later in the article). This is because of their flat bottomed design which ensures there is even distribution of heat around the cooking food. Compared to the round shaped sides cookware, this type has been proved to deliver better cooked food. On another note, cookware that has been designed with copper core bottoms and sides will do this well too.
Lastly, before we get into the cookware reviews, I find it wise to remind you that cast iron, stainless steel, aluminum and copper made cookware are the best to use on an electric coil stove. This is a bit of science. They should be pre heated gradually before putting any food on the cooking pots or pans. Keep in mind that these coil stoves take time to heat up. So the best way is to switch it on as you prepare your ingredients and by the time they are ready, the pan or pot will have gained enough heat for the cooking. Just in case the heat is too much, you can always turn off the cooker as you carry on with your cooking.
With those few tips on how to use electric coil stoves, let’s take an inside look at the best cookware for electric coil stove.
Tri-Ply-T-Fal stainless steel cookware (best cookware for electric coil stove)
This is a state of the art 12-piece cookware set that comes in a unique design that you’ll love. To start with, is the aluminum core. Just as I pointed out earlier in this article, the core is key in determining how heat is distributed to the food which dictates how well the food will cook. With this cookware sets, they have an aluminium core that ensures the heat distribution is even and perfect. To add on to this property, the cookware set is stick resistant. This means that the food cooks really well and serving is as easy as the cooking was.
This set is just a sweet combination of everything you might need in your kitchen. 3 fry pans which come in handy for searing as well as browning, 3 saucepans which are good for making and boiling some good sauces, 3 quarts and lastly a Dutch oven that can take up to 6 quarts.
They all have firmly riveted steel handles that resist heat perfectly and make it easy to grab even when holding large pieces of food. The whole set can resist up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven and is dishwasher safe
- Oven safe up to 500oF
- Strong and durable
- Even heat distribution
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
Cons of this cookware set
- The pans and the pots will discolor if used under high temperatures
- Only handles on pots stay cool. Those on lids don’t.
Calphalon stainless steel cookware sets
This comes in 13 perfectly crafted cookware pieces that are ideal for use with the electric coil stoves in your kitchen. The special design of these cookware pieces is what makes them stand out from the rest. The core is made of an aluminium layer that is sandwiched between two stainless steel layers for controlled and perfect conductivity and even heating to make sure food cooks evenly. The set comes with 3 pans (omelet pans), that are 8, 10 and 12 inches in size. It also contains 2 saucepans, 2.5 and 1.5 quarts, a chef’s pan (3 quart), sauté pan (2 quart) and a stock pot (8 quart). For the best results, preheat the cooking pans at medium heat before you start cooking and test with some butter for the heating extent. If the butter bubbles or browns, you might want to let the pan cool down before you start cooking.
- The set comes with a warranty from Calphalon
- The glass lids are clear for monitoring food
- Glass lids are oven safe
- Pot sizes vary for purposes of boiling, frying and much more
Cons of these cooking set
- It’s difficult keeping the clean and free from stains
- Glass lids will often heat up so allow them some time to cool.
Cook N Home ceramic coating cookware(nonstick)
This is probably the Best cookware for electric coil stove. The quality, their design and performance are all excellent and have gotten very positive reviews from customers. The set contains two, 1 and 2-quart sized sauce pans, a casserole, a Dutch oven that’s 5-quart big and two up to 9 inches frying pans. All the pots come with durable pans are interchangeable and can be used very well with the pans. From the name, the pots and all pans have been coated with a layer of ceramic to make them easy to clean and free from possible scratches. They are made from thick aluminium, a good conductor of heat which ensures even distribution for perfect cooking of food. This set can last for years if well taken care of. However, do not use with the dishwasher.
- Durable and of assured quality
- Ceramic coating to prevent scratches and make cleaning easy
- Lids fit for all the pots and are convenient for interchanging
- Pots as well as pans can’t be used in the dishwasher
- Heavy glass lids that might break easily
Wear Ever C943SA pure living cookware set
This cooking set is a 10-piecer that also has a ceramic coating that will work very well with the electric coil stoves. Besides the coating, it’s also made of aluminium which is famous for its heat conduction and distribution properties. The ceramic coating enhances its cleaning process and also plays a great role in making the set non scratch. The set comes with a five quart Dutch oven, slotted turner, a nylon spoon, 3.5-quart skillet, a 3-quart sauce pan and 2 sauté pans. The set is oven safe for 350OF but the pots cooking surface can bear up to 900oF.
- Ceramic coating makes cleaning an easy task
- Oven safe to 350oF
- A perfect combination of pans and pots that makes a desirable variation
- Non scratch
- When stacked they easily scratch
- Should only be washed by hand
Creating a custom set.
We all have different cooking needs and because of this, you, may not be able to find the Best cookware for electric coil stove that really satisfy all your cooking requirements. To handle this, you can bring together a couple of pans and pots to make your own custom sets. Here are a few examples of what you could take.
3-quart Lodge cast iron combo cooker
Cast iron also does well with electric coil stoves. They are hard, strong which means they are very durable. This is why I recommend this cooker combo by lodge. Since its pre-seasoned, this cooker which is also a deep skillet, can be used as a fryer, or a Dutch oven. Its lid is specially made which could be used as a shallow skillet or a giddle.
- Versatile which means can be used for many purposes
- Fantastic heat distribution and never warps
- Pre seasoned, which means the more the cooking, the better the seasoning
Cons of this combo
- The lid is heavy compared to the skillet
- Handles get very hot
T-Fals B363S3 fry pan set non stick
These are nonstick pans that are pretty cheap and will always favor your wallet. They are however wear and tear stuff that we expect to have replaced in every month given that they have to be used on an electric coil stove. This set comes with 3 pans that are nonstick. They come in sizes of 11, 9.5 and 8 inches. They are light in weight, they cook pretty well with the coil stove and are very easy to clean.
Pros of these pan set
- Light weight which makes cooking very easy
- Thermal indicator to show extent of preheating
- Even base for perfect heat distribution
- Need extra care with sharp objects to avoid scratching
- The nonstick coating is damaged of exposed to high temperatures
To enjoy a longer life with these pans, you better not use the high heat option on your coil stove. The high heat will most likely tamper with the nonstick coating.
Cuisinart MCP2230HCN pro skillet combo
If there is an excellent choice of cookware to use on electric coil stoves is the multi clad option. Cuisinart has perfected in the making of such cookware and has come up with several model including this one. They make different models of multi clad pans and pots with a variety of ergonomic sizes that you can choose from. This pro skillet combo comes in a size of 12 inches and is very safe to use in the oven for up to 500o F. the design ensures the heat is evenly distributed along the walls as well as the base, to help food to cook evenly. The lid is good when you need to lock in moisture and makes the skillet very good in simmering and making stuff like risotto.
- Multiclad design for perfect heat distribution and retention
- Safe for the oven, the stove top as well as the freezer.
- The surface is made of stainless steel that doesn’t discolor or alter the food taste
- Not possible to see cooking food due to the stainless steel lid
- The skillet is pretty heavy
This is a pretty cool combination to use. It is specially made and its design allows it to respond and adapt to heat changes on the coil. It’s definitely worth buying.
Cooks standard 13 inch multi ply clad wok
This is the best wok for cooking Asian food. Its flat bottomed which is just perfect for use with the electric coil stove. It’s made of stainless steel and comes with a glass lid. Its design is inclusive of 2 steel layers and a strong aluminium core on the base and the sides of the pan. Heat distribution and retention is unbeatable and the weight is super easy to work with.
- Large and multipurpose and can be used for stir frying and much more
- Flat bottom that sits perfectly on the stove and allows heat distribution
- Oven safe for up to 500oF
- Dishwasher safe
- Not pre seasoned and demands use of oil before debut use
- Outside handle better in resisting heat better than inside handle
Farber ware 6-quart stock pot
This is the last product that we think would be good for an electric coil stove top. It’s basically a stock pot that has been made of stainless steel which doesn’t alter the taste of the cooking food. This is the smallest of the large variety of farber wares stock pots. Its design is convenient for even heating and very good for simmering or even boiling some rice
- The lid fits well to lock in moisture
- Lifetime assurance against defects
- Handles are very short
There are hundreds of cookware that you can choose to use on your coil stove. The most important thing to remember is to preheat them before you put any food on them. If you want ultimate joy from your cooking, make sure you go for quality cookware, like the ones highlighted above.