Hamilton Beach Sandwich maker (Recommended)
- Makes breakfast in 5 minutes
- easy to use
- All components are removable and dishwasher safe
So you’ve seen all those commercials that promote this magical appliance and decided it was time for you to buy one. Congratulations! As soon as you start preparing breakfast in the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker, in this review you will see that this gadget casts a shadow over your traditional morning meals.
Fully cooked meal ready in 5 minutes? What’s not to like? If you don’t like making breakfast or don’t have the time for it, this appliance will help you eat healthily without sacrificing your time.
Read on to learn the ultimate tips on using the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker.
Why Do You Need It?
There is a lot to love about this breakfast sandwich maker, but the things that most users find to be the most beneficial are:
Breakfast in Under 5 Minutes… Without Actually Making It
No more rushing the most important meal of the day, no more gobbling down unhealthy pre-made and packaged choices. With this amazing appliance, you can enjoy your breakfast in under 5 minutes, without having to stir, sauté, or flip in front of the stove. While the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker does its job, you get to prepare your coffee, fix your hair, get dressed or do whatever it is your doing on a hectic morning. All you need to do is simply assemble the ingredients, set the timer, and that’s it!
Okay, let’s say you want to enjoy a breakfast sandwich, but do not own the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker. You will need to toast the buns/bread, fry the egg separately, maybe even warm your pre-cooked meat, and then assemble the ingredients. That will require that you use a toaster or a roasting pan, another pan for the fried egg, a spatula, etc. Which leaves you with a bunch of dishes for washing. Who has time for that in the morning? This appliance will both toast your eggs, warm the ingredients, and fry the eggs at the same time. And you will only have one dish for washing.
When preparing breakfast sandwiches the traditional way, it is pretty hard to achieve a consistent crispiness and even temperature. Why? Because you don’t do it all at once. You will need to separately fry your eggs, toast your breads, melt your cheeses, etc. Some will be cooked more than the others, the bread may go cold while you whip up your eggs, etc. This appliance though, does it all at ones.
Your job is only to assemble the ingredients and it will cook the egg perfectly, toast the bread to ideal crispiness, melt the cheese, and leave you with a center that is delectably warm. You cannot achieve this evenness another way. And you get it all in under 5 minutes which is why it is said that the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker makes one high-class breakfast.
Unlike other fancy cooking appliances that costs hundreds of dollars, the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker will not break your bank. In fact, you can get it in just $24.99. And the best part? You don’t have to buy two appliances so that you and your loved one can enjoy warm breakfast together. Hamilton Beach offers a Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker that allows you to cook two separate sandwiches at the same time.
You Can Make Omelets
But, besides for being great for making sandwiches, the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker is also a unit that will help you perfectly fry eggs and cook omelets as well. Just add the eggs without any bread or other additions, and you will have a first-class omelet in just 3-4 minutes.
How Does It Work?
If you’ve been wondering whether the appliance works as smoothly as in the commercial – yes, you can be sure it does. The process couldn’t be more straightforward – you just pile up your ingredients and that’s it:
- Arrange half bun at the bottom.
- Add a slice of cheese and/or some meat that is pre-cooked (ham, bacon, sausage, etc.)
- Crack an egg into the barrier.
- Top with the other half of bun.
- Close and cook for 4-5 minutes.
How to Use The Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker?
The overall process of using the appliance couldn’t be simpler. To do it properly, just follow these steps:
- Plug the appliance’s cord into an outlet. At that point, the red power light should be glowing.
- While the appliance preheats, spray its rings with nonstick cooking spray, but do it lightly.
- Make sure that the unit is closed and that the cooking plate is between the greased rings.
- Once the sandwich maker preheats, you will be able to notice the green power light growing. Keep in mind that this will go on and off just as the light for your oven does. Also, remember that this is only related to the temperature and does not indicates when your breakfast is ready.
- Lift the cover of the appliance carefully, using the handles. With mittens, lift up the top ring and the cooking plate as well.
- Now, you are ready to assemble the sandwich.
- The bottom half of your bun should be placed onto the bottom plate. Arrange your preferred ingredients on top.
- Now, move the top ring and lower the cooking plate.
- Crack an egg onto the plate. For best results, pierce the yolk with a toothpick or a fork. Note that you don’t have to use a whole egg only. You can also add scrambled eggs or only egg whites.
- Top with the top bun.
- Put the lid on and cook your sandwich for about 4 or 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, rotate the cooking plate clockwise all the way through.
- Carefully lift the ring and cover by holding the bottom handle. Use mittens.
- Do NOT use metal utensils, but transfer the sandwich to a plate with the help of a plastic, wooden, or silicone spatula.
- Unplug and let cool.
Be sure to:
- Have your ingredients ready before starting to assemble the sandwich.
- Keep the cover closed when preheating. The cooking plate and rings should be in place.
- Check to see if the cooking plate is in place before preheating or even adding the food.
hamilton beach electric breakfast sandwich maker reviews: Ease of cleaning
What good would cooking breakfast under 5 minutes do to us if we are supposed to wash its parts later by hand? No, the ring of the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker is dishwasher safe. Here is how you can clean the appliance thoroughly:
- You need to have your appliance disconnected before cleaning. NEVER immerse the base, cord, or plug of the sandwich maker in water. It is recommended that you always unplug your unit after the cooking is done, so make sure to follow that advice.
- Once your unit cools down, remove its ring by holding the bottom handle to open, and simply lift it straightly.
- If you are washing it by hand, make sure not to use scouring pads, wool, or any abrasive cleaners. If you are washing it in the dishwasher, make sure not to use the “Sani” setting as its program and cycle temperature may cause some damages to the ring.
- Unfortunately, the bottom and top heating plates cannot be removed. However, their cleaning is really simple. Just grab a soapy soft sponge and wipe the plates with it. Then, wipe it again with a sponge soaked in water to sort of “rinse” it, and that’s it. The cooking plates are non-stick, so you really don’t need more than a simple wipe to clean them thoroughly. Let the plates dry thoroughly.
- To place the ring back inside, just make sure that the ring’s tabs and the hinge’s openings are aligned, and then simply lower it into its place.
- Clean the outside of the unit with a damp cloth.
Just like with any other appliance, once you start using the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Make you may stumble upon some issues. But worry not, because those problems are usually a product of improper handling. Read on to see what the most troubleshooting issues are and how to fix them:
Eggs are Undercooked and the Bread is not Crispy Enough
Okay, so, you cannot expect the same cooking time for small and extra large eggs. If you use particularly large eggs, allow an extra minute for them to cook.
If you are using frozen ingredients, obviously, you will need an extra minute or so for the bread to be done.
The Ingredients Stick to the Ring or the Cooking Plates
While the appliance is non-stick, you should always grease it with cooking spray before using. Melted cheese can get baked-on.
The Bread is Overly Browned
Sugars or ingredients high in fat content may cause the bread to darken too quickly. Cook your eggs without the bread for a couple of minute before actually adding the bread, if that is the case.
Low or Slow Heating
Wait for the green light that indicates that the unit is preheated. The correct temperature time is achieved within 5-7 minutes, which is enough for you to assemble the ingredients in the meantime.
If the heating is low, it usually means that the unit is overfilled – use less ingredients.
Check the cooking plate and see if it is rotated the right way.
Also, make sure that the unit is closed when preheating.
In between sandwiches, allow for 2 minutes of preheating time.
Eggs Leak Out
Again, the unit is probably overfilled. Make sure not to use many ingredients and do not press down on the cover.
The Cover Rises During Cooking
Sometimes, especially if cooking a large scrambled egg, the egg whisked into it may cause the cover to rise. Just leave it as it is, do NOT press on it.
Additional Tips for Best Results
Here are some additional tips that will up your cooking with the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker:
- Use round breads, buns, and bagels for best results. You can trim the edges of a normal loaf bread to fit perfectly, but that is not a requirement. You can also just place the bread as it is and smash a bit to fit. It might get darker around the edges, but it will still be perfectly toasted.
- Do not smoosh. Place the lid gently and do not press on it; it is not a panini maker. Pressure is not required for ideal cooking here.
- It is all in the timing. For perfectly cooked breakfast, find the perfect cooking time. Set a kitchen timer or do it on the phone, but make sure to cook for the ideal time.
- Taking a peek is allowed. If you are not sure whether your sandwich is ready or not, simply open the lid and take a peek, just like you’d do with your oven.
- Always use mittens when opening the cover of the unit. The surface is hot and there can be steam escaping so getting burn is a possibility you need to be aware of.